Website Washington Spirit
The Washington Spirit is hiring a Lead Technical Analyst who will execute performance analysis workflows that provide data driven insights to team, player, opposition, and recruitment analysis. They will utilize data driven insights to develop a deeper understanding of the landscape and implications on coaching. This role will collaborate heavily with other departments including performance, coaching, and operations.
The Lead Technical Analyst will:
– Utilize third party data providers as well as in-house coding to manage data collection.
– Perform video analysis tasks proactively and reactively to support and/or challenge the ideas of the coaching staff.
– Oversee the maintenance of databases.
– Create and utilize data visualization in the form of reports, dashboards, and presentations.
– Oversee the building and maintenance of data and video integrated output reports.
– Oversee live match-day analysis workflow.
– Oversee the filming of all matches and training sessions.
– Delivery of analysis presentations to staff.
– Integration of technology solutions to enhance efficiency of work processes.
– Continued development and research to stay on the forefront of the analytical space.
The ideal candidate will have:
– Bachelor’s degree in Exercise/Sports Science, or related subject.
– Master’s degree in Sports Science, Data Science or a related-field preferred.
– Minimum of two (2) years of experience in the field of Performance Analysis.
– Experience in utilizing sports analysis technologies such as: Hudl Suite (Sportscode, Replay, Hudl website, Wyscout) etc.
– Strong PC skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), and experience of data visualization software such as Tableau, Power BI, etc..
– Experience of working with female athletes.
– Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
– Good self-awareness, communication and interpersonal skills.
– Possess a strong work ethic and friendly demeanor.
– Knowledge of NWSL and women’s professional soccer.
– Possess exceptional organizational skills with a strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize/multi-task.
– Ability to work non-traditional hours, including scheduled games that can/will be weekends, evenings and perhaps Holidays.
– Ability to pass a pre-employment background check.
We know there are great candidates who might not check all these boxes or who possess important skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, we encourage you to apply.
ABOUT THE WASHINGTON SPIRIT
The Washington Spirit is the professional women’s soccer team proudly representing the Washington, DC metropolitan area. Launched in 2012, we are a founding team in the National Women’s Soccer League (“NWSL”). Owned by Michele Kang, our vision is to:
1. Become the most preeminent sports organization in the world;
2. Have a high-performance culture of winning on and off the pitch;
3. Train women as women; and
4. Motivate and inspire the next generation of girls and women.
To apply for this job please visit www.teamworkonline.com.