JOB TITLE: Lead Academy/B Team Analyst
REPORTING LINE: Academy Performance Analysis Manager
DEPARTMENT: Academy Performance Analysis
LOCATIONS: The Training Centre
CONTRACT: Full Time, Permanent
Rangers Football Club, formed in 1872, is one of the world’s longest established and most successful clubs, having won 55 League titles, 34 Scottish Cups, 27 League Cups and the European Cup Winners’ Cup in 1972. This collection of titles and cups makes Rangers the most successful club in the world, and it is currently the 9th strongest football brand according to the YouGov UK Brand Index.
Playing at the 50,987 seat Ibrox Stadium and benefiting from the world-class 37-acre training facility, the club has been a dominant force in Scottish football for decades. The club benefits from a famously loyal support and the high volume of season tickets is the foundation of the top 19 best attendances in Europe. It is estimated that Rangers has a global fanbase of 4m, half of which reside in the UK.
An opportunity has arisen to join Rangers Football Club as Lead Academy/B Team Analyst. This role will provide direct performance analysis support for the B Team (players and staff), produce individual player analysis and football education programmes for all players and own the management of player data for the B Team.
- Film, and capture games, training and other educational content.
- Analyse B Team player development through training/match footage and coach assessments to assist in creating individual development programmes and aiding player pathways.
- Analyse opposition match footage providing insights to the relevant coaching staff and creating detailed reports to facilitate game plan creation.
- Continually maintain individual player development databases for use in tracking and bench marking players.
- Provide detailed video-based database for potential loan players.
- Contribute to the development and management of best practice video libraries for use in coach education.
- Sharing of relevant video, data and other resources with staff, players and parents using various technology platforms (Hudl, Dropbox).
- Manage the MSc and Undergraduate student placements and university relationships.
Technical Skills/ Understanding
- Excellent Understanding of the Hudl Pro Suite (Sportscode, Hudl, Replay, Studio, iCoda).
- 2 Years Experience working in an elite sporting environment.
- Understanding of video editing software (Final Cut Pro, Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop / Premiere).
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Office and Apple equivalent’s (Keynote, PowerPoint).
- Highly efficient in using equipment to capture content.
- Competency is using Scouting database software (Wyscout).
- Competency/understanding in programming languages / data science.
- Competency in using Tableau & Power BI
- BSc in Performance analysis or in similar field or equivalent experience.
- MSc in Performance analysis or in similar field or equivalent experience.
- Coaching in Football Qualifications is desirable.
- Passionate about providing insights about players and the team.
- Naturally inquisitive.
- Dedicated, flexible approach to working hours and travel.
- Excellent soft skills, with an ability to excel in modern footballing environment.
- Deliver a high standard of work in a pressured environment with tight deadlines.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to see a task through to its conclusion.
- Ability to self-motivate and prioritise workloads.
- Be solutions orientated.
- Exceptional technical ability, highly skilled with various analysis tools.
- Team player.
- Full Driving Licence
EQUALITY & INCLUSION:
At Rangers Football Club we are ambitious about diversity and inclusion. If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from the right candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity.
Rangers Football Club also welcomes applications from suitably qualified members of the armed forces family.
The candidate must keep up to date with new methods and undertake any necessary internal or external training sessions in accordance with Club Policies and Procedures.
LATEST CLOSING DATE: 27th November 2023
Please note, we may close vacancies early where we receive significant numbers of applications, so don’t delay!