HIBERNIAN FOOTBALL CLUB
LEAD WOMEN’S & ACADEMY ANALYST
An exciting opportunity to join our Analysis & Recruitment department, this role offers great variety and responsibility as you design, implement and enhance the analysis provision for our Women’s First Team and boys academy.
The role will provide insight and feedback in line with our club philosophy to support and encourage development and success of players and coaches. They will drive a positive culture of self-awareness by facilitating and placing emphasis on players/coaches to review, evaluate and openly discuss their own development/performance. As a management-type role excellent soft skills are essential.
The Lead Women’s & Academy Analyst will be required to be based at our East Lothian training ground and as such we are unfortunately not taking applications for remote working for this role.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
– To develop, implement and lead the Women’s First Team Performance Analysis provision in line with the philosophy/ethos of the club and the needs of the coaching staff.
– Assess and enhance our current provision within the Hibernian FC Academy.
– Drive a positive culture of ownership and self-awareness through the use of analysis.
– Research and innovate in feedback and information delivery techniques, ensuring our players/coaches are given the best opportunity to digest, learn and improve from the feedback provided.
– Control hardware, software & budgets across both Women’s First Team & Academy.
– Lead detailed analysis of our Women’s First Team in line with Men’s First Team provision.
– Lead detailed analysis of our U18 team in line with Men’s/Development Team provision.
– Support detailed analysis of our Development team.
– Ensure all matches home and away are covered within the academy (U11-U23).
– Ensure coaches/players across the academy are fully supported by facilitating debrief & general analysis sessions.
– Monitor player & coach use of Performance Analysis.
– Create/maintain video & statistical databases to inform and support development.
– Support & actively engage with the Women’s First Team & Academy recruitment structures.
– Utilise and organise students in our established Work Placement Programme.
– Film training & matches where required.
– Valid PVG Check (this is an essential requirement & will be part of the ‘new starter’ process)
– UEFA Coaching Qualifications
– BSc/MSc in Sports Coaching/Performance or Performance Analysis (or equivalent)
– Industry recognised qualifications in Performance Analysis or Coaching
– Driving license
Knowledge, Skills & Experience (Essential):
– Demonstrates and promotes core club values; Togetherness, Trust, Integrity, Authenticity and Hard Work
– Ability to work collaboratively across multiple departments and sites
– Ability to work with a degree of flexibility to their work schedule
– Ability to demonstrate a high level of tactical knowledge/understanding of both team/individual performance
– Ability to maintain quality and meticulous attention to detail of work under pressure
– Ability to work under own initiative and organise time
– Ability to interpret, contextualise and communicate data
– Ability to demonstrate innovation to improve provision/processes
– Confidence to have respectful, honest conversations and challenge colleagues
– Good soft skills and professional attitude; displaying positivity with a ‘can do’ attitude
– Highly motivated to work in player development/analysis
– Must have a focus on self-development/reflection and CPD with an openness to understand own strengths and areas for improvement
– At least 1 year’s experience (full-time or voluntary) working within a high performance environment
Knowledge, Skills & Experience (Desirable):
– Experience coaching in a professional environment/academy
– Passion for research to drive internal and external projects
– Experience/competency using Hudl products (Sportscode, Platform, Studio, Replay)
– Experience/competency using data analysis software such as Tableau, Excel
– Experience using Apple hardware/software
– Experience using Nacsport Performance Analysis Software
– First Team Performance Analyst’s
– Women’s Team Manager and Coaching Staff
– Academy Director
– Academy Lead Coaches
– Director of Football
– Head of Technical Recruitment
Contract – Permanent
Hours – 37.5 hours per week
Pay – £25,000 per annum
Holidays – 29 days
Pension – NEST
To apply and for more detail, please follow the link below;