Website West Bromwich Albion F.C.
About The Role
FIRST TEAM PERFORMANCE ANALYST
To provide detailed insights and analysis at a first team level, which aim to contribute towards the success of West Bromwich Albion Football Club, both on and off the pitch.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to a comprehensive analytical service for all first team matches.
- Pre- and post-training analysis/support and pre, live and post-match analysis/support which will include subjective analysis, data analysis, file management, filming/coding and clipping/editing.
- Attend all West Bromwich Albion FC fixtures, home and away, to support the performance analysis provision.
- Deliver an exceptionally high standard of work in a pressurised environment with tight deadlines.
- To be able to work flexible hours where the role of the job requires.
- To contribute positively to the Clubs vision and culture.
- To promote and adhere to the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy and to work consistently to embed ED&I into everything
- To ensure the working environment is free from harassment and discrimination and any other form of unacceptable behaviour
- To fully participate in one-to-ones and departmental reviews and meetings
- To fully participate in annual and midterm appraisals for all reporting staff
- To understand the Club’s Safeguarding policy, procedures and best practice guidelines and use this to ensure appropriate and safe working practices applicable to the role
- To carry out CPD and keep up to date with any training and updates relevant to the role
- To ensure the health & safety within the Club for self and others is adhered to at all time
- To carry out all responsibilities with due regard to the Club values and all policies and procedures, in particular Health & Safety, Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding
- To undertake all required training, including mandatory Club Equality and Diversity, Safeguarding and Health and Safety training.
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time; or the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
About The Candidate
- A high level of football knowledge, with an ability to contextualise this knowledge and produce player facing material.
- Experience of working in a professional sports environment as a Performance Analyst.
- BSc in Performance Analysis, Sport Science, or other related subjects.
- Experience with relevant Performance Analysis software’s including but not limited to Angles, Sportscode, Matchtracker, Provision, Coach Paint etc.
- Video editing and telestration experience.
- Organisation and archiving of data/video.
- Clear & innovative presentation skills (Keynote, PowerPoint, etc).
- Data collection, analysis, visualisation & presentation.
- Communication with players and coaches.
- A commitment to continuing professional development.
- Demonstrably high level of tactical knowledge
- Full UK driving license
About The Club
Equality and Diversity
West Bromwich Albion FC is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to provide equality and fairness for all employees and opposes all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity.
West Bromwich Albion Football Club also welcomes applications from suitably qualified members of the armed forces family.
West Bromwich Albion is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk, therefore expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
WBA’s Safeguarding, Equality and Whistleblowing policies can be accessed here:
An Enhanced DBS, References, Qualifications, Proof of Identity and Right Work in the UK checks will be required and carried out prior for this post.